Inner decision is the determinant for accomplishment, not external circumstances.
- This is the principle of The Secret, which says that irrespective of external conditions, the Individual accomplishes vastly by his own determination.
- When the whole of Europe surrendered to Hitler, Churchill chose to fight and won the war. He relied on his inner strength and resourcefulness at a time when external conditions appeared hopeless.
- USSR faced with the same circumstances as Western Europe refused the Marshall Plan and emerged as a Superpower, whereas the countries of Western Europe became the satellites of America. After being devastated by the war, USSR relied on its own inner resources to develop. That enormous effort generates great power.
- Chrysler was restored to health by the determination of Iacocca.
- J. P. Morgan saved several businesses from bankruptcy by his own decision to face the financial crisis in 1907.